have you heard of this manufacturer?

I have a set of spark plug wires with the VW stamp and logo on the actual wire, and with a different stamp on the ends. The ends have an engraved logo with a 'W' over the 'V' and the package it's in has the following initials: EME-LUC

I was told these are the original equipment wires for my 84 1.8L 8V. The CURRENT wires VW is selling as OE are made by Bremmi <SP>. And just about everyone I've talked to locally said the Bosch ones are a bad idea because they are made in a US factory opposed to Europe and thus the resistor-connectors are not always perfect????

Can anyone help me out here? Anyone heard of EME-LUC and if their wires are bad for the performance of the car?

THANKS!

-Aaron M Braun
http://zap.to/aaron
84 8V Scirocco