16v G-60 (non rocco) long- but worth it

I have ridden in many fast VW's over the years: stage 3 g-60's, turbo vr6,
g-40 polo....  But, those cars do not compare to the car I rode in tonight.  I
have a friend that just finished a 1.9l 16v G-60.   He put it in an 84 GTi.
It took about a month to tune it, but it was well worth it.

When he asked if I wanted to ride in it, I said HELL yes!  He started it and
all I heard was a wonderful rumble.  He put it in first gear and took off at
half throttle.   It wasn't that fast.  Then, around 3500 rpm, I was pushed so
hard into my seat, I thought we got rear ended.  We didn't get rear ended, we
were just entering the meat of the power band. He shifted into second gear as
the tires were screaming for mercy.  The engine was bouncing off of the rev
limiter as he shifted into third gear.  The tires instantly started spinning
and continued to spin through third gear.  At the top of third gear the clutch
started slipping.  The clutch has less than a 1000 miles on it!

The other night, before the clutch started slipping,  he raced  an AWD Eclipse
with HKS upgraded parts. By the time he hit third gear the Eclipse was about 5
cars behind and was not catching him.

My scanner isn't working right now but I plan on getting some pictures scanned
soon.

Patrick
82 Turbo rocco