Re: vw Steering wheel options?

On Sun, 21 Mar 1999, Dave Novak wrote:

> Ahh steering wheels. I own an '81 rocco.
>
> I just bought a used G60 steeing wheel and the bitch don't fit. The
> corrado columns are apparently thicker. I figure it will be a huge job
> to try and get a corrado steering column, so we'll go the other way...

There is a much easier answer to this...  There is an adapter available
from VW that allows you to use the Corrado wheel in a Scirocco.  I'm sure
it was less than $20.  Hopefully you have a semi-capable person working
the parts counter and he can find (special order) it for you.... or
there's always the old... "Potterman... help!" ;)

Hint:  Do no hammer on the adapter to get it on the steering column.  You
will panic and cuss when you realize the steering column collapsed!

Greg :)

Gregory S. Davis
1985 Euro-Spec Scirocco       http://members.iglou.com/scirocco

"GAK Motorsports.....Your source for European License Plates!"
http://members.iglou.com/scirocco/gakmotor.htm