best plugs and wires?

I'm gonna replace my spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor to see if I can debug the poor performance I've run into in the last week or so.

What are the best quality plugs, wires, and distributor cap I can buy for performance? They really need to be solid quality so I know they aren't to blame for my crappy idle and acceleration.

BTW, I also replaced my fuel filter next to the fuel distributor (standard Purator brand) but it's size was CONSIDERABLY less in diameter that than the old 'fram' one I pulled off. Is that bad?

THANK YOU

84 8V

-Aaron M Braun
http://zap.to/aaron