CA & OR emissions legal mods

Hi all,

    After being on this list for awhile now and the 16V looking so
pretty with it's new front end, I'm curious about some of these mods
that have been posted.  Which ones are legal in California and/or
Oregon?  Specifically, some of the easier, less shop oriented  mods like
hollowing the cat, replacing the cams, airbox drilling, etc. (although I
am curious about the 2.0L conversion).  I've lost my contacts who used
to "test" my old Alfa, so this baby's got to pass emissions.

-Brad