RE: Stupid H&R spring question

The springs I have are not the standard lowering springs advertised for the
Scirocco, which I think are somewhere in the order of 35-40mm drop ( about
three quarters of an inch less than mine).  These ones were I think
originally for a MKI golf GTI - that is the car they came off.
I do also have the additional factor of having a 2.0 audi engine which I am
lead to believe has a slightly deeper block than the original 1.8. The sump
pan is certainly pretty close to the ground - I can just get my fist side-on
between it and the ground!

The guy I buy all my bits from regularly fits standard 40mm H&Rs with Boge
Turbogas inserts and has never had adverse reports - they seem to be a
pretty good balance of cost against performance.  If I had the money I'd go
for coil-overs as they are the absolute dog's b~*&^cks.  His current project
car is a MK4 Polo vr6 and he put H&R coil-overs on it,  with 17" BBS RCs &
ultra-low profile tyres & set it as low as the wheels could take, but the
ride is incredible:  no crashing & rattling yet it's like a go-kart into the
corners and handles the torque well in standing-starts.

Cheers,

Ewan Hopkins.