Re: Mk1 help/parts needed

Mad Matt wrote:

> Hey gang, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with Mk1 removable
> sunroofs or any parts for them. Mine is in sad shape and I am looking to
> replace it.

Doesn't sound like it's factory. Removable?  You may end up replacing
the frame and such as a whole from an after market shop. What's the
problem with it?

> I could also use a used gas tank for an '81 as mine has
> venting problems.

Are you sure it's the tank? There are venting and non venting gas caps,
you may need to spec. this one instead.  ( I have a real nice black
locking cap now, but it's non venting. I think it's giving me a bit of
trouble because of it. )

> In terms of new parts I need a headliner, trunk carpeting, and a dash
> cover for the same car.  If anyone has any recommendations please let me
> know.  Thanks in advance!!

Trunk carpeting; do you want just the side parts ala 'S' models? or a
flat piece to cover over the spare tire and surrounding area? Or perhaps
something to line the rear spare area beneath the spare et all? Hmm?

My self, I'm looking for a good headliner shop I can get a _black_ Mk1
liner from. Prop. have to take an old one pulled from the yard to a
place and get a custom one made up. Ouch$$$.

> --
> Bite me very much.
>
> Matt Loggans
> Baltimore, MD
> '84 Scirocco (the daily beater)
> '81 Scirocco (the project)

Watch out for Matt, he don't taste right.
TBerk