RE: Roof rack for my scirocco...

I currently have a Yakima rack on my '88 16V, which (appropriately
enough) I use for windsurfing.  It's about two years old, but is as
sturdy as a rock and is still in really good shape after two years of
daily commuting.  I highly recommend this rack - the only downside is
the price.  Because our cars don't have a place for the rack to
attach to at the rear, you have to buy this add-on piece which allows
the rack to extend from the middle of the roof back to the rear.  The
total price for the setup was about $350 (ack, cough) but on the
other hand if you plan to keep your car for a long time, the rack
should last just as long.

-tim