Techron is awesome!

I heard some people talking a while back about Techron fuel additives. My
winter 16v has 192k miles on it, and was having a hard time getting 300
miles per tankful. My summer 16v could do that easily with fuel to spare.
Also, the valves sound kinda funky, with an old-school-air-cooled-VW-type
hiss under load and a diesel-like clatter at high RPM with lite load. The
engine seems to run well otherwise, so I figure they're just really worn
(anyone with facts/experience/opinions on this?).

$6 for a bottle of Techron?? I figured I'd try it once, just to see. I'm
just reaching the warning zone on my fuel gauge, and I have 330 miles on the
trip meter! The valves sound a little better, too. It might be my
imagination, but it seems like there's just a stitch more power to boot.

This stuff is going in the summer car as soon as it comes out! You guys were
right...thanks for the recommendation!

Neal