Re: Autotech vs. TT exhaust systems

At 11:43 am -0500 16/3/99, jonas miller wrote:
>no shit the rabbit ran me 700 cost   330 fo rth eheader and 280 fo rth
>emuffler and 75 for the over hte axel pipe    th ecost is high but ht
>equalitly and performance are right there with it
>jonas

I gotta disagree.  The headers are gorgeous and last forever but the
mufflers DON'T.  If you live anywhere where they salt the roads, or if you
take a lot of short trips, it'll be burnt-out and/or rusting visibly within
4 years or so.  The cases are aluminized and painted, and while the pipes
inside the muffler are stainless, the packing isn't.  I think the new ones
have some stainless steel wool around the pipes, but it doesn't seem to do
a whole lot of good.

It's a pretty sorry state of affairs when the best muffler you can get for
a Scirocco costs ~$600CDN and only lasts 4-5 years.