Re: fuel delivery- please help

There's a few things it could be, assuming the problem is with fuel
delivery:
You have 2 pumps, one in the tank which is a delivery pump for the main
one, and the main one located under the driver's side floor, just in
front of the rear axle.  If the in-tank pump is dud or the filter mesh
on the pump is clogged, the main pump won't be getting enough fuel.

If the main pump itself is failing then it will be quite noisy - a
buzzing noise which often fluctuates a lot towards the end and gets
worse once its been running a while.

Bad earthing or faulty connection to the pump(s) will also cause
problems.
The contacts on the fuel pump relay  can burn-out, giving poor supply.
Check the voltage at the terminals on the pump.

I had a similar problem in that the car would die if I was sitting in
traffice queues longer than 5 minutes or would occasionally run rough.
I put in a new main pump and a secondhand lifter pump and it cured it.
The mesh filter in the tank was pretty clogged so it could have killed
the main pump over time - the problem did get progressively worse.

Access to the in-tank pump is under the rear seat: there's a round hatch
with 3 screws, under which is a round plate with pipes/wires attached.
The round plate locks in to the top of the tank: use a blunt screwdriver
to tap it round in either direction until it comes loose.  When
replacing the cover put a little petroleum jelly on the rubber seal to
stop it being stretched & broken when you re-lock the plate.

The fuel pump relay has '2' marked on the cover of the relay and I think
is in the top row third socket from the left on the fusebox under the
glovebox

HTH,

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0