Re: rear fogs

IraT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/15/99 4:21:19 PM, mr.peepers@home.com writes:
>
> <<In Europe, they have rear fog lights, usually a very bright red rear light
> (i can't remember if which side its mounted on), that can be turned off and on
> from the dash.>>
>
> When you buy fog light switch from dealer or any other aftermarket supplier it
> has  two  on positions, one for the front fogs and one for the rear fogs.

Wouldn't it make sense to wire it up so that the rear's can come on with the
fronts (but perhaps not all the time).  It makes sense that if you can't see
what's ahead of you neither can the guy behind you.  Sort of like having ABS when
the guy behind you doesn't.  You are going to increase your chances of being rear
ended.  I'm currently trying to get my rear fogs working.

Lately people driving around with fogs on ALL the time are starting to piss me
off.  Not that I'm accuseing any one person here.  Its just that fog lights are
for poor driving conditions, not to make your GM-pickup
truck-wannabe-euro-rally-mobile look like its worth driving.  IMHO it ads a degree
of ricyness (damn is that speld rite?) to your car to drive with fogs on during
the day.  Or on a clear night, down a well lit street.  Form follows function.
Say it with me.  Time to get off my soapbox.....I'm probably preaching the
converted anyways.

Sean Martin
87 8V

on the form follows function thought. What is the difference between art and
pornography?
..........use.  Shit thats so deep...I gotta get some shut eye....