Re: junkyard fun / '82 rear shelf

>Ive only heard and been told that the 82 has the only year this shelf
was
>used. Ive been in search of one for years and tried to install an 87
>shelf at WF but it wouldnt fit. I have an 85 shelf that does fit in
there
>but dont even think about using the straps. Wont work.
>Great find dude! Ive never even seen one but looking at the provisions
>back there, it seemed that there was a single stationary shelf, and a
>movable second piece as you describe.

When I bought an '82 Scirocco GL for $75, the interior was luckily
complete, but unluckily Blue. The shelf was there, and has since been
sold (since I'm not a MkII kinda guy anymore).

But, the point to this happy little story is that I tried pretty hard to
hunt one down from VW and to no avail. VW hasn't made those shelves in a
long time, so good luck to all that find them.

In a somewhat related note, I still have that "Scirocco GL / Fuel
Injection" name bage if anyone's interested.

PS: Sorry, Meze for that extra copy. I'm tired.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco