Re: Tranny oil Q

I had the same problem when I first saw that huge hex
bolt! What I did was just take some Vice Grips and take it off that
way. Worked perfectly. As far as tranny oil goes, I put Castrol Hypoy
C Oil in my box, but it didn't cure my grinding. I'm going with the
Castrol Synthetic before I bring the car out of storage, I hear it's
also good for when the gear box is cold. Sells for about $15 canadian
per litre. You need 2.5 liters to fill the box. I paid $9 cdn for
three liters of Castrol Non-Synthetic, so there there HAS to be a
difference if you're paying that much more!
(I hope!)

HTH!

> Well I am home on break doing some work on the rocco.  New Moble One
oil.  I
> rigged up a weighted shift rod for the shifter. WD-40 to fix the A/C
high Idle
> (it worked by the way) all with the help of the list so thanks
everyone.  But
> I went to check the tranny oil and there is this big ass hex bolt to
be
> removed, I have checked around but can't seem to find one.  I don't
want to
> drive to VW to get the tool cause its kind of far.  So, does anybody
have any
> ideas where to get it, or how to make my own.?  I checked around
dads garage
> but could not find anything to use.  Also, I can't find this Redline
MTL
> Tranny
> oil anywhere.  Does anyone know what stores sell it?  I did find
Valvoline
> gear oil though, is this stuff good?  Thanks everyone.

==
Paul Maione (Rump Rocker)
Scirocco 86' 8v (Stored for winter :p)
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/9149/
"There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out
the short comming of others is there?" - Randall