Cam gear update

Hi everyone,

The TT cam gear installation was uneventful as usual ... everything
bolted up just fine and my engine bay is just a bit shinier now.

I don't have any real numbers, so all of this comes from my
seat-of-the-pants dyno.

I started off with two degrees of advance.  This seemed to subdue
abit of the engine's "peaky" nature (with the 290/448 cam).  Low end
was a bit better.  I then advanced it two more degrees, and it felt
great.  Idle was noticably smoother and the power definitely kicked
in a bit earlier (around 2000 RPM or so).  It wasn't as strong at
5500 RPM, but I don't tend to live my life at redline either, so I'm
running this setting now.

Cheers,
-- Michael Helms

'86 Scirocco - the daily driver

Web Site:  http://www.continuum.org/helms

"If you don't believe your country should come before yourself, you
can better serve your country by living somewhere else."  - Dr.
Stompin' Tom Connors