Re: Non-Roc [Cable TV Related]

I don't want to contribute to a non-scirocco thread, but I can't resist:

If you build one, you will not be happy since it's impossible to keep up
with current technology.  Not to mention it's impossible for you to get the
same quality or all the features a cable company provides with a hacked or
home made box.  It's a loosing battle.
Even if you did, you'de have to make sure it's non-addressable and
bullet-proof.

Failing to build your boc non-addressable will land you in jail or at least
generate alot of fines and headaches.  Failure to make the box bullet-proof
will result in it being disabled in a few months in most areas.

There is a solution though.  You can buy non-addressable and bullet-proof
boxes from many sources.

The best out there is a box called the Maestro.  It works just about
everywhere in North America except where they use digital incryption. Kind
of pricy though.  Current models cost $250-$300  but you can find older
models cheaper.

By the way.. in most cases it's legal to own a descrambler, but it's
illegal to operate it without first notifying your cable provider.  I think
when you notify them that you own a descrambler they'll automaically charge
you for every channel that you can receive.

Hope this helps.

-Aaron
 84 8V