Re: Tie Rods

We deal with this effect after every race on the dirt track.  Pretty
much after each heat we need to reset the toe adjustmants on the
Sciroccos.

When you whacked the curb, more than likely you bent the spindle.
Not a major concern, we bend them 3-4 times every Friday.  We haven't
broken one yet (knock on wood).

We are running dirt track and just do an 'eye-ball' alignment.  For
your street car, take it for a professional job and save your tire
wear.
Ken Buck
1999 Philadelphia Region SCCA RE
78 DSP VW Scirocco- regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway(retired in 1998, but back in 99!!)
84 Scirocco (radio works)
66 Olds F-85, second owner, second set of tires.