Re: Suspension shot.

>From: Robert Whitney <whitneyr@thomas.edu>
>To: "'scirocco-l@scirocco.org'" <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Suspension shot.
>Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:25:12 -0500
>
>I finally got a new exhaust on my new scirocco ('85) and found out that
they
>couldn't inspect the thing becuase the front suspension is gone. He
brought
>me out and showed me. Ouch. Both struts are gone, both strut pads are
gone,
>the drivers side coil spring is broken, and the drivers side tie rods
are
>gone. Anybody have an idea of how much this should run? They (Midas)
quoted
>me $500. Does this seem high, or reasonable? Thanks for your info.
-Rob

>--
That sounds about right for Midas. And it is only reasonable if you
don't want to do it yourself. I've had bad experiences with Midas
though. I don't go to them anymore. Midas will sometimes fix things that
don't need to be fixed. They are sales oriented. Did you talk to Midas
over the phone, or did they actually look at your car?

JSJackson '85 Scirocco