alarm questions

Hey, I have a DEI hornet alarm, at least thats what my transmitter says.
Except that I can't find the control unit. I found a small black box
with senitivity controls on it, under my carpet in front of the e-brake.
It is made by a diferent company though. My wires that I have say
Excalibur, that is a difernet company all together. I have tried to
follow all the wires, they seem to lead to the siren (DEI also) So I
disconected the black box (I assume its a mtion detecter, it says dual
guard, looks like it says Avital cant see all of it though) and the
alarm still worked, LED flashes and everything works normal. So my
question for you fine people who have alarms is where do they usualy
mount the brain on our cars? And could the brain and all be inside the
siren? All of this was on the car when I bought it, just unhooked. I
hooked it up and it seems to work very well. I just want to hook up the
door locks to it. thanks that is all :)
c-ya, dave gray