Loose front end

Hey all...

I need some opinions.  In the past few days I've had a problem that is
getting rapidly worse with my '85 Scirocco.  It wanders - badly.  While
accelerating, it will pull pretty strongly towards the left side of the
road, but when I shift, it darts to the right.  I look like a drunk
while I go through the gears, one side of the road to the other.  This
has only cropped up in the last 3-5 days or so, but is rapidly getting
worse.  (Or am I just paranoid?)  The car does have about 200k miles on
it, and the front struts are blown.  My question is, what is causing it?
Worn tie-rods?  Worse?

Any suggestions appreciated...   I'm on digest so it'd be helpful to cc
them directly to me.

Thanx!!!

Daun