Re: Painting brake calipers

I have mine painted red to match my car.  What i used was Testors paint
and a little brush. I did it over the summer some time ago, and a few
coats on each caliper. Didnt even need to remove it from the car.  Dirt
comes off easily and its still shiney.  Very easy to do, about 15
minutes a caliper, and one bottle should only last 2 calipers.  Go Nuts
with the paint to make sure you have enough on there.

Pete

>Anyone ever painted their brake calipers? I have a friend who could
>powdercoat them for me, but to my knowledge, I can't fully disassemble
the
>calipers on my car. Well, it says I can't "rebuild" them, but could I
>disassemble them? Powdercoating requires an hour or so in a 450-degree
>oven, so I would have to be SURE that the seals and any other rubber is
out.

>I seem to remember Owen saying something about having red
calipers...you out
>there?
>
>If I can't disassemble them, I can't powdercoat them. Are there any
other
>options? Are there any spray paints that would leave a good gloss and
stand
>up to the heat and brake dust? I'd like all four to match my Tornado
Red.