Re: Transplanting A3 door handles?

At 10:06 3/11/99 -0800, Paul Maione wrote:
>> Anybody know if A3 door handles will fit (and work, of course) on a
>Mk1
>> Scirocco?
>
>I was thinking of doing this on MK2. But I don't want to buy the door
>handles and then find out they don't fit, or they won't work. But I
>think the only hard part is mounting the sucker, you may have to make
>modifications to your door handle opening to make it stay there, but
>once it's in there, all you have to do is line up the levers to unlock
>the door.

Well, this is my concern too, although I suppose I wouldn't have to buy any
to see if they fit.  I could just take them off my wife's new A3...but then
I probably wouldn't live to tell about it  ;^)

Joachim

Joachim and Belinda and Hobi and Griffin in Houston, TX
...and now Lucky, the rescue kitten, too!
beekj@ghg.net

You know that little indestructible black box that is used on planes,
why can't they make the whole plane out of the same substance?