Kill Switch reset...

Hey all

well, apparently my car has a kill-switch (who woulda thunk it?)

My question - how the hell do I reset it?  It is a fairly cheap alarm
system, (the PO installed it) and I don't think it has a back-up
battery... will unhooking the battery be enough to reset it?  I was in
too big a hurry to screw around with it last night & didn't check...

What do kill-switches actually do?  Do they just break the circuit to
the starter?  whenever I try to crank it , it just goes whheeee oooooo
whheeee oooo.... (like the sound effects?)

TIA

==
Mark

87 Westfalia Gl