Re: My Car-opinions needed

Go take all the aftermarket parts off NOW don't wait another second...the
insurance claims adjusted is not going to give two shits if there is stock
of replacement parts in the car. Put anything back on it hell put other car
parts on it who cares its probably totaled. I will tell you this i have
gotten three complete stereos, at least 10 complete upgraded interiors and a
ton of little upgrades by knowing a person who gives estimates. He calls me
when he gets a car I go strip anything worth anything off replace it with
junk yard parts....keep what I took. Case of beer works everytime. Insurance
companies could care less really (and show it rather crudly sometimes) what
items you had on the car. They want to see options/packages the car had
figure in milage and hand you the smallest check they can cut and you will
agree to take. My friend just totalled his turbo probe a few months
ago...now this guy was picky about his car...he had aftermarket head unit
and the whole done up stereo. He asked me to go alond with him to get a few
personal tools and belongings out of the car and since he was pretty upset
because it was his first accident I went along. WOW am I glad I did! He was
going to leave over 4K $ in stereo equipment in the car and not even take it
back out. He had purchase some new tires the same week he had the accident
and he was going to leave them on also....Well anyways to sum the whole
thing up him and I ended up spending fours hours taking out his
stereo....going to the car in the junk yard beside up and placing all the
stock stuff back in. The next day I went with him to watch the adjuster
evaluate the car. The guy walked up to my friend asked him what options were
on the car, how many miles, what condition it was in before the accident and
what color it was. Walked around the car twice (looking at the outside
only). Asked my friend if he was feeling all right all the while writing an
estimate up. He handed my friend and estimate that was $10 off of what we
figured it out to be off the web for "book value". The guy had the complete
form done really before he got there all he looked to see was totaled? YEs
or no and what options it had so he could adjust the money acordingly and
gave my friend a figure. Now if my friend had not taken all those parts off
he would have take like a 3,000 dollar loss. I SAY GO GRAB YOUR STUFF BEFORE
THEY TAKE YOUR CAR.......its still yours!!