Re: brake fluid reservoir install

---- Begin Original Message ----
 From: POTATO! <theforce@invasion.com>
Sent: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 19:29:09 -0500 (EST)
To: scirocco-l@scirocco.org
Subject: brake fluid reservoir install

i'm putting a new master cylinder and booster on my car.....i know that
the master cylinder doenst come with the fluid reservoir on top....and
need to know how to reinstall it on the new cylinder....

is it as easy as pulling it apart and reinserting it?...just checking
because i didnt want to break it...
any hints would be appreciated....

thanks
dave

Hey I'm doing the same thing. Got a great deal on a rebuilt booster from Mark at Adirondack. My old one had all this rust colored fluid in it. Kinda gross. Anywho the reservoir just pulls out. I would pull it before you remove the MC from the car. Be careful and pull strait up. I snapped one when I replaced the MC a couple of years ago. It is just held in there by the rubber grommets and the two nipple thingies (wait isn't that a contradiction??) on the bottom of the reservoir.

HTH

mark hausler
'81 scirocco s
'94 toyo 4x4