RE: Passenger window getting a bit sllooowwww.

one reason for this is worn window guides.  my passenger side was getting
slower and slower until one day, well...  it stopped.  now i have to push
the top of the window forward (towards the front of the car) for it to go
up.  the guides are worn to the point that i can jiggle the window about
half an inch inside it's frame.  now the same thing has happened to my
driver's side.  warning signs are any scraping noises, if the speed starts
OK, then slows down near the middle, then speeds up again.
	another problem i have is the passenger side window getting stuck
shut if the car sits in the sun all day.  it will get stuck for a week or
more, and then work again.  i know power is getting the motor, because the
lights will dim when i try to lower it.  so to keep it from getting stuck, i
just tap "down-window" button a split second so it isn't pushed into the top
of the guide.

so let's review:  the seven steps to closing the passenger side window....

1.  raise window, until it gets stuck.
2.  lean over and push window towards front of the car.
3.  while pushing forward, raise window again.
4.  after window is 2/3 shut, remove hand.
5.  continue closing window until shut.
6.  tap window down slightly.
7.  comment on how "i really need to fix that...".

chris
86 16V scirocco