Re: scirocco  data

Chris Coracini wrote:

> > did yoe see the coefficients of drag for the sciroccos? the 80 Mk1, the
> > Mk2
> > and the 16v all has .36 cd.. ha! i wish. The mk2 is .39 and the mk1 is
> > like .425
> >
> > ==========================
> > According to VW, the MK1 drag coefficient is .38 or .39 (I can't remember
> > which)I will be happy to send any skeptics a scan of the VW literature.
> >
> yeah, but according to a 1986 VW press release, the 1.8L 16V engine used in
> the scirocco is a NON-interference engine (no bendy-valve when
> belt-a-break).   i'm not sayin', i'm just sayin'....  well...  there you go.
>
> chris
> 86 16V interferocco
>
> > Mark Peele

But, but, but....

TBerk
All this may be true. VW used this .39 figure repeatedly during the MK1's life, I never once saw this figure challenged by the motoring press. I read every article I could find on Sciroccos ever since I fell in love with them in 1975. Blah blah blah blah . . .  :-)

Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco S
1982 Scirocco
1987 Golf GT