Re: Alarm LED locations

I went to Chicago to see this one guy's Scirocco (it was the bomb).
Anyway he was electronically inclined and he found the coolest spot for
an LED.  You know right under the engine warning lights there are those
five little black dots the same size as the lights??  Useing a hand
drill he boared those out and replaced them all with LEDs.  I'm not sure
how he wired them up but when the alarm is activated the lights travel
from side to side just like the front of Kitt on Knight Rider.  Phat
Phat Phat!!!  He says people are always saying "I didn't realize VW had
factory alarms?"  I saw him back in november and I emailed him once or
twice about how to wire them up but he never got back to me.  I might
try again pretty soon though.  I'm telling ya, it looked awesome!!!

Josh
'88 Scirocco 16v