Re: Big Valve head on a 1.7L?

I might be doing this soon, to mate a 1.8 40/33 head to a 1.6/7 block, you
need to weld up the small oil return hole in the head, weld up the big one,
and then tap the big one out to the size of the return port oin the block.
everything else lines up great. Doesn't sound too hard to me!

At 01:11 PM 3/4/99 EST, you wrote:

>In a message dated 3/4/99 09:43:38, weinerman99@yahoo.com writes:
>
><<I'm a little concerned with any
>differences in the oiling area of the equation, do the oil galleys
>line up?>>
>
>I've been told that all that really needs to be done is weld shut one or more
>of the water holes. I know the big one on the front needs to be sealed but
I'm
>not sure if there are others. I think TT does this on some of their heads . .
>. . or maybe it was Autotech? Anyhow, it's posible.
>
>Nate

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!
'81 Scirocco S 1.8l
'80 Scirocco   0.0l