Re: Pulling TIRE from RIM at home?

T Berk wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I picked up a nail in my tire and while I'm looking to get a set of
> dunlops soon I needed these to last a few more miles.
>
> I'm wondering if there ae any tips to be had for de- tireing a 205 13"
> tire from the rim.
>
> I've patched many a bike tire in the past, hoping to patch n' go.
>
> tia,
> TBerk

Sure, how strong are you? Put a board on the tire but so it doesnt touch
the rim. Now drive up the board to break the bead on the tire. Now with
some help from some people crowbar the tire off. If this happens and you
patch it and somehow get it back on the same way, fill with air and keep
bouncing it untill the bead seats. Orrrrrr, pay 5 bucks for a
professional to do it!

Feenix..."I have done this before, in the woods with 33" mudders on a
blazer, but a 13" rim? With access to a shop?"