Re: Pulling TIRE from RIM at home?

I just take my tires that need to be patched to Discount Tire where they
patch 'em for _free_! pretty phat.

Today I worked on my 81 Scirocco, I was going to add new non-air shrouded
injector inserts to my '84 JH motor (because the air-shrouded injector
seats project into the intake ports, i dont like that) but the old style
inserts are a bigger thread size than the new shrouded ones! So what I did
was take out the newer-stlye ones and cut the ends off (like 1.5 inches
worth), then put sealer on the threads (very important), put new o-rings
on, and put them in. I think there might be a small difference at high rpm,
but i'm not sure. I need a dyno!

This is just another step in the ongoing saga of stopping those damn vacuum
leaks!

At 06:24 PM 3/6/99 -0800, you wrote:

>Folks,
>
>I picked up a nail in my tire and while I'm looking to get a set of
>dunlops soon I needed these to last a few more miles.
>
>I'm wondering if there ae any tips to be had for de- tireing a 205 13"
>tire from the rim.
>
>I've patched many a bike tire in the past, hoping to patch n' go.
>
>tia,
>TBerk
>
>--

Kevin Fry -- computer nerd!