Re: Seats and Springs

Josh,

    I'm running Neuspeed Sports with Bilsteins on my '86 16V.  It's a great
setup for a daily driver.  It's not bone jarring on the beat up roads of
LA.  Feels stiffer than stock and I notice a difference when I throw the
cars through the canyons (granted, I upgraded the sway bars at the same
time).  For what it's worth, I intended on buying Koni's, because I liked
them on my old Alfa.  The guy at Velocity convinced me to go Bilstein.  He
said he had the Sport spring/Koni set up on his old MkII and the ride was
too harsh.  His comment was that the Koni's at the softest setting are as
stiff as the Bilsteins.  I took his advice (saved me $100, too) and haven't
been disappointed.

On a completely different note, the U-boat is coming back Saturday.  The
body shop guy tells me "it's going to look tits" (I'm still not sure I
understand that).  Looks like I'll need a new tag line.

-Brad
The U-boat Commander