Re: Seats and Springs

On Thu, 04 Mar 1999 23:47:27 PST "Joshua Strait" <joshua13s@hotmail.com>
writes:
>     I need to clean some broken glass out of the tracks for my drivers
>seat.  Is there anything special I need to know, and what type of lube
>should I use to grease up the tracks??

Just use a screwdriver in one hand, and a shop vac in the other, workds
great. (its the first thing I had to do when I first got my Roc.)

>     I need some input from anybody who has experience with Neuspeed's
>sport and race springs.  I am wondering how soft the sport springs are
>and how skull cracking the race springs are.  If anyone has compared the

>two I'd like to hear about it or if anybody has anything to say about
>either one (+/-) let me know.  Also, which shocks work the best with
>these?  I would like a good stiff ride (I know that sounds bad) but at
>the same time I don't want to chip teeth or break bones during daily
>driving or on rough roads.

Soft sports are only a little stiffer than stock. The Potterman had to
talk me into the Race springs but after I got them, I was pleasantly
surprised in their ride quality. I'll admit, the first time I drove on
the freeway I did have to clench my teeth or I would bite my tounge
(Rythmic, bouncy old freeway) but the suspenion loosened up after about a
week or so.

Which shocks work the best? Simple, KONI adjustables all the way. There
is none finer. Also note that I drive about 1/2 mile on a chewed up dirt
road to get to and from work and you know its stiff, but it doesnt
require 1st gear to get there.

(Awaiting my front Koni's to return from the Warranty Proccess! Buy em
once, they're free after that.)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and