Injector woes

Hey kids...

Ive been driving the uGLI, getting all the kinks out of it, one by
one...

Lastnight i went to the junkyard and picked up about 10 used injectors.
I don't have the cash for new ones right now, so I figured *at least
ONE* would be good.
So I pop the injector farthest to the passenger side and pop the dist
cap.  My friend cranks the motor, and aVERY little bit trickles out into
my fancy champaigne glass (you can never be TOO classy working on the
uGLI). So I test a few and put a good one back in.

My question is, ALL the injectors had not-too-impressive performance. I
have never worked with FI before, but shouldn't they be spraying a nice
powerful cone? They all sprayed cones, but I wouldn't call it powerful.

My efforts did cure (for the most part) the 'stuttering' under partial
throttle, but not completely.  Could this be a problem with the fuel
distributer?

OH! Important note- this car has no O2 sensor yet, and the Frequency
valve does NOT buzz. This is prolly my problem, but I need some
exp.here!

CHRIS CHEMIDLIN
http://www.spredhaus.com
http://www.angelfire.com/nj/spredhaus
58 Type1 Ragtop
84 Jetta uGLi

PS- After looking everywhere for a place that carried a FI puller, I
made one out of polished aluminum! Not only is it functional, its
pretty!