cracked/warped exhaust manifold--help--long

I purchased a used 4-2 exhaust manifold from a junkyard for my 84 8v.  The guy said it was from a 1978 Rabbit diesel.

I put it on the scirocco last weekend and used brand new gaskets, making sure that all the mating surfaces were clean.  I torqued it all down to spec (I torqued to 18 ft. lbs, but later found out spec is 16 ft lbs--no big deal--I hope).  Anyway, I noticed a leak coming out of the #3 exhaust port.  Upon careful inspection I noticed that I had put that gasket on in the wrong position.

So, this week I pulled the exhaust manifold off again, got brand new gaskets, and put them on correcftly (quadruple checked them!).  I torqued down to spec and I still have this f*cking exhaust leak out of the #3 port-all the others are nice and sealed up.  So I am thinking that the manifold is  either cracked or warped...or the head is warped at that point, but I really doubt it b/c my other manifold never leaked.

I want to take it to a machine shop and have them level the surface of the manifold if it is warped (can this be done?), and/or take it to get tested for leaks/cracks.  Can enyone tell me what this procedure might be (leak test) so they don't blow smoke up my ass when I go to talk to them about it?

Oh yeah, anyone know of a good mechanic or machine shop in the Washington, DC area that might be able to do this??

Thanks a ton

Victor