Attn: David Guido <guido@forum.va.gov> Address doesnt work....

Sorry all but I think this was the only way I could reply to David AND it
might also be helpful to somebody on the list. Never know.

On Tue, 02 Mar 1999 10:29:09 -0700 David Guido <guido@forum.va.gov>
writes:
>Hello Shawn,
>
>I am trying to get some information into the Auto-X scene. I want to
>drive my 1980 Scirocco, street prepared. Problem is I don't know what
>equipment I am allowed and what is not allowed. I don't plan any
>modifications to the 1.6 L engine, but have suspension upgrades to
>make, or want to make.
>
>I would appriciate any info/suggestions or links you could give me.
>
>Thanks,
>
>David Guido

To the web page Batman!

Goto my DSP page:

http://www.Geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/1308/dsp.htm

Where you will find links to the SCCA web site where you can find
rulebook info and local autox locations too!

Heres a quick (not complete) lowdown of what you can do:

Any suspension mod. (No changing of the factory geometry.)
Any wheel and tire size. (No racing slicks)
Any intake modification
Any exhaust modification

What you cant do:
Modify the engine internals
Remove the interior.

The 8V motor is classed in DSP and the 16V would be in CSP.

If you have questions, feel free to ask but there is a wealth of info on
those web sites that I list on my page. Dont find what your looking for,
ask away!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and