Fwd: Re: This ever happen to you? [update]

that I thought it was going to be a 2 hr job. As soon as that thought
passed thru my head, while installing the rear tranny mount, I noticed
that the tranny didn't have the 3 studs to slide the bracket onto. So I
looked closer and what do you know, there's not even a single hole
drilled there to install studs! hmph! Oh yeah, A2 trannies wont fit into
A1 cars. I knew this. Just forgot about it.

So out came the 9A.

****Uhhhh . . . the 9A will fit in the Scirocco. In fact in came in some late MK2s . . .

So now I open up the 5th gear housing on the 4K to find..... nothing.
Everything looked clean and intact. I tried the 5th gear and I could see
that the 5th gear shift fork was simply not moving down enough to engage
the 5th gear. Hmph! Looked closer at the shift fork adjusting sleeve and
the nut that takes the special tool to remove had backed out! Holly
carapp. Howd that happen. it was really loose so I readjusted it and
damaged one of the threads from below so it wont unscrew itself so easily
next time. Reinstalled everything and now it was time to prep the 4K for
reinstallation.

***Good news!

Everything is fine now. Everything works only now I have a tiny bit more
traction in the corners.

***yipee! we "feel your pain" . . .

---- End Included Message ----

Mark Peele