CIS problems(non-roc)

     I've got a Saab 900 I'm working on, and since the FI system is the same
as my 8v Rocco I'm hoping you guys can help me out.
     Here's the problem....  It starts on the first crank, no problem.  The
idle stumbles a bit, goes to almost 1k for a while then falls and goes back
up.  Then when I open the throttle, it starts to stall till I let up.
     I've replaced the fuel filter, plugs & wires, its got a new cap & rotor.
I've been assuming the problem is with the fuel injection, but I've got good
fuel pressure. Could it be ignition related?  The spark looks a bit weak and
won't jump much more than 1/8" to ground.
     I hope someone can help me out, 'cause its had me stumped for over a
week.  TIA.
--Alex
-'86 Scirocco 8v