Re: Scirocco at v_max - was : Porsche death in Toronto ...

Time to don the flameproof asbestos suit....

>Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 20:56:32 -0800
>From: Jason <Jason.r@worldnet.att.net>
>To: Dirk Schneider <SCIROCCO@t-online.de>,
> 	Scirocco List <scirocco-L@scirocco.org>
>Subject: Re: Scirocco at v_max - was : Porsche death in Toronto ...

<<<snip>>>

>that. I always hear about how drivers in germany share the road and are
used to
>driving fast.

<<<snip>>>

My limited experience of the german autobahns ( unfortunately always as
a passenger ) is that this road sharing thing is pretty one way:  If you
don't happen to see the Porsche 911 coming up behind you at 150mph+ he
(or she) will dissapear up your arse 'cause it's assumed that you will
give way. Overtaking is done at your own peril!  Having said that, it's
definitely better than the motorways in the UK where everyone is
determined to hog the outside lane. Usually you have to go far too close
before people will think to let you past.

Ewan Hopkins...

'85 Storm 2.0
'86 GT 1.8