Re: [BRAKES][Painting Calipers]

well you will lose all of your fluid...but that is a good thing..it
should be replaced anyway...I just did this. I removed all of the
calipers and mounts sanded them with a fairly light wheel attached to a
drill got it at parts america...then I primed them ...a couple coats of
red...then a couple coats of clear ...all high temp 500 degree paint
found at parts america / pep-boys
then put them all back on and rebled the entire system

now for the problems...I took advantage of this to replace my rear
calipers...the paking brake didnt work
so no problems there but in the front I never checked the bleeder
valves until I had them back on the car with the fluid re-installed
long story short they would not move so I bought two new front
calipers...rebleed rear brakes and spill even more fluid over my
freshly painted calipers
this would have been much easier if I found it earlier before I painted
them...the story is worse but  I will spare you for now...any other
questions feel free to ask
later

--- Tyler Zachau <Pennyz@ieway.com> wrote:
> I want to paint my front and rear calipers but I
> have never messed with my
> brakes before. Can someone describe the easiest way
> to remove the calipers
> from the car. Also, will I have to readjust them or
> bleed them at all by
> removing them and will brake fluid go everywhere
> when I disconnect the line
> from the caliper? I have the Bently but was curious
> as to the easiest way
> to do this. TIA!!!
>
> ====================
> Tyler Zachau
> ICQ # 1357564
> tylerz@ieway.com
> 88 16v Scirocco
> mp3 whore
> If you experience other problems, email:
> scirocco-l-probs@scirocco.org

===
Michael Leach--Rochester,NY
87 16v Red semi-show
87 16v Black winter(thanks Neal Tovsen)
85 Jetta getting rid of!!!!
91 Ford Explorer XLT(thanks Jim Jarrett)
   any input on maintenance would
   be greatly appreciated