Re: Fluid leaking from brake drum? (Can't stop)

I totally had this happen last year - simple cheap fix.  Inside the drum is a brake wheel cylinder (that pushes the brake shoes against the walls).  When the cup seals wear out it starts leaking out the edges and into the drum.  The part should be about $10.50.  I went ahead and did both sides, since you should probably change out the shoes while your in there.  HTH

A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:

I went out to the car today and my rear passenger side wheel was covered in
brake fluid.  I looked under the car at the drum and fluid seem's to be
leaking from it.  Assuming it was a broken line i looked and found that the
line running to the back of the drum is metal! I thought that the line
running to the back of the drum was rubber?  Well now i'm confused anyone out
there have any ideas?

Matt
84 8v