Re: Emergency Brake Cable replacement

>Anyone ever replace a emergency brake cable on a scirocco 16v?
>Looking for difficulty and time it took?
>
>Rob
>88 16v

Fairly easy.  One set I got from a Pep Boys couldn't make the turn
inside the pick-up tube leading from under the car up to near the
hand brake handle inside the car.  The unbendable metal leader was
was too long to negotiate the bend and was jamming on the passenger
side.  Really odd.  I shaved down the tail end of the metal leader
in order to get it through the bend and into the car.  Go with
genuine cables is my advice.  At the caliper ends, things are
probably a little rusty.  It only involves removing a retaining
clip, then pulling the cable though the retainer (yes it does fit).

==Brett