Re: Thanks Dirk and euro bumpers

The body kit ( GTX /16v) came on 16v's, 8v GTX's and GTII's in Europe.

>> the body kit under the rear bumper is different in Europe.>>

Yes this is true. The GTX (16v) kit does not have the cutouts for the big
US bumpers. The plastic is the same just no extra big cutout and no small
rectangles on the side for the clips. The 8v's and 16v's, in Europe, do not
have
the big cutout in the car too. The back of the MK2  is different for North
America.
If you look at the lower part where the license plate goes you will see a
wave
in the radius. The Euro cars do not have this. The Euro cars do not have
the
extra weight in the doors and the front part of the body kit does not have
the
slots for the US hooks. As you all know all the lights are different too.
You can fill the holes in the kit and the car if you want to. I have seen
it done.
It looks good.

Doug
87 16v silver Scirocco "GTX"
81 8v red Scirocco "S"

Message text written by Joshua Strait

>That brings me to my question.  I put the rear on today and now there are
2
>decent size holes where the US bumpers mounted up. What suggestions does
>everyone have to cover these holes up?

  Talk to Dirk about it.  I am *almost* positive that the body kit under
the
rear bumper is different in Europe.

Josh Strait
1988 Scirocco 16v (black)<