NEED info on 10.5:1 pistons

    Hey all. I just got a line on a set of piston heads with rings.....10.5:1 CR. I have 2 blocks at my disposal....a JH 8.5:1 and a 1.8 16v bottom end 10:1. Other than checking for severe wear......which block would be better suited?? The heads are made for the 81mm bore.......and both these fit that bill. I don't want to run the KS so 94 octane is available and would be run....as well as a recurve dist. Can anyone advise as to what may be involved in a new piston head option?? Other than take out old pin.....put in new one....I need info like how much wear will be acceoptable to facilitate non-boring for the new pistons.............and so forth. And can anyone ballpark a power number with a 428/280 cam, header, 2" exhaust, recurve dist bigger TB and the new CR ???  I am guessing at 140 without any P&P work or the other sweet stuff that will likely happen later during the build. Soooo, hoping there are some real tech heads out there willing to listen to ideas and help with what they know or have done. Unless the list wants to hear the advice and possible outcome.........we'll do this privately.        Thanks.

       Verne :
     '84 Wolfsburg 8v Roc
     '91 Passat GL (Wife's car)
     '97 Norco Lobos Comp (Full-susp)
     '89 Wicked Fat Chance...gone but not forgotten.
     '93 Scott Boulder
     http://www.skyia.com/~vwman/h2ovw.htm     <---my car and general pics
     http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2830/   <---A1 pics only !!!!