Re: rustproofing (Por 15)

I've used Por 15 (as well as the Wurth brand) on a few projects. It works
fairly well, however, you MUST remove all rust before application... rust,
as we all know, is the cancer of steel... you have to cut it all out or it
will return. Por sells a blue priming liquid (zinc phosphate) which is
pretty much required for the product to work well. 2 coats minimum of Por
are also required...

The ultimate rust inhibitor? The factory type cosmoline wax spray - it can
be purchased from Wurth. Spray some of that on top of the Por and you are
good to go.

Brian