Re: I Need a favour

Sal Guzzo wrote:

> S'up y'all,
>
> I need somewhat of a huge favour from someone who lives near the Canadian
> border.  I plan on ordering some GTi and Scirocco parts from Potterman but
> the blasted taxes I would have to pay are unreal.  Hence, if someone in or
> near Buffalo would'nt mind accept the mail order (of course, I'll pay foy
> the shipping charges, etc.) and then I would come by one weekend to pick up
> the items.  BTW, the exchange rate is at about 1.47 and the duty/taxes
> would add up to 21.1%.  This is why I don't want them shipped over here.
> Thanks guys..........

Sal, I've ordered lots of stuff from Potterman.  And I've never been spanked
with those kinds of duty/taxes.  Just have them shipped by surface mail.  The
cost is like $5.00 for handling plus the regular shipping charges.  You've got
to pay GST too, but thats it.  There shouldn't be any other taxes or duties on
the stuff a la free trade agreement.

I think I had a set of rotors, a driver side motor mount, pads, and shoes sent
up for like $25 shipping.

If you get it sent by Fed EX well then its a whole different story.  Most of
the regular postal shippments reach Canada in a week.

Sean Martin.