Re: Cat

Cat is definitely shot. Replace. : )
Cut the bolts off in the middle and then bang them out of the flange.
While you're putting a high flow cat on it and 2" exhaust (don't go with
2.25", you'll lose torque. 2" is plenty for a 1.8), put on a header or a
dual outlet manifold/TT downpipe setup. Where do you live? If you're in
NH, you can ditch the cat since you're pre-'85. You will definitely
notice the difference between stock exhaust and the dual outlet
manifold/downpipe/2" setup. MUCH better. I just drove a Rabbit GTI today
(in an AutoX up in VT, did very well, I was happy) with this setup, and
it is noticeably faster than my car. True, it also had a 2H (mine has an
FN) and a euro dist, but still, the engine felt far less choked.
	(Joe Oliviera let me codrive his awesome primer grey GTI with Shine
suspension, he's the man)
	-Josiah