Re: Junk yards in SF Bay greater area

VWN8@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/16/99 11:38:46 PM, greenchester@scirocco.zzn.com writes:
>
> << Anywhere within a 2 hour radius from the Oakland area? I am getting that
> bug to go and have a weekend kinda free.  >>
>
> Well I live in Palo Alto and go to school in Sacramento so Ive looked for
> parts in both places. I have had better luck finding good stuff in Sac. There
> are 2 VW specialty yards and 2 or 3 Pn'P style yards off of Sunrise Blvd off
> of 80.

There are Pick n' Pulls off of:

I-80 Hmm, Cherry and 'I forget the freeway exit.." in Hayward,
there is another in San Jose off of Monterey Highway (south south south
1st St.)- take 880 to the general area were it meets up w/ 280 and head
south, And there is one in Oakland off of E12th or so around 80th or
something.

Vague I know but an online search with Yahoo's Yellow pages or sim. will
find you exact directions.

Scirocco content varies, sometimes you can hit a bonanza, other times
it's real sparse.

>If you want to go to San Jose instead there are 2 P'nP yards and 2
> german yards in the SJ State area. If I knew exact directions I would give
> them to you.
>
> HTH
> Nate

I'd like to hear from the Sacto folks about uh, BugWorld?, some of the
places out that way.

me to hth,
TBerk