WP upgrade (more info pls)

Potterman,

so with the "new and improved" setup, you still have 2 pulleys on the WP?
Is the dual pulley of a different construction so as to eliminate
breakage?

The reason I ask is because a while back the sual pulley on my GF's 86
GLI bit the dust. $100 was just way too pricey so I did a different
"fix". I just got a standard WP pulley for a non-PS car. I then got a
smaller belt for the crank to PS-pump. I don't know why VW didn't do it
this way in the first place. There was a slight clearance issue. No
rubbing or anything, just real close. That's probably the reason they
pulled the PS belt over and around the WP.

Anyway,

Thanks for any info

Jonas
85 Scirocco