Re: > Theres a 1.8 16V head for sale on e-bay

>Forgive my ignorance, but what else would
>one need to changeover an original 8v engine?

Are you asking what it would take to put that 16v head onto
your 8v block?  It's not really going to work, without some
serious work (which isn't really worth it, considering a 1.8L
16v block can be had cheaply).  Oil/water passages don't line
up, not to mention the fact that without changing the pistons
you'll end up with a miserable compression ratio of like 7:1
or something really low like that.

>Nathan
>rather amateur, home mechanic :-)

==Brett